Plex organizes all of your personal media, wherever you keep it, so you can access and enjoy it on any screen. With Plex, you can easily stream your videos, music, photos and home movies to your Windows device from your home computers running Plex Media Server (available for free at https://plex.tv/downloads).
- Plex makes your media beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other metadata.
- Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
- Easily share your media with friends and family.
- Browse your media on any Plex-enabled device and fling it to any screen.
- Control your big screen experience from any phone or tablet.
- Access a wide range of online channels such as TED, Revision3, and TWiT.
- Queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and watch them later on any device.
With Plex, your media universe is constantly expanding. Getting up and running is easy, so start now!
NOTE: PLEX FOR WINDOWS IS CURRENTLY NOT COMPATIBLE WITH GOOGLE CHROMECAST. YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT https://plex.tv/downloads) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.8.14 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported. MKV containers, DTS audio, FLAC music, and subtitles are not supported for Direct Play, and will be transcoded. Connecting to a Plex Media Server on the local machine requires a loopback exemption due to Windows application sandboxing.