End-User License Agreement (“EULA”)
This agreement is between you (the user of this application) and Datalogics, Inc., 101 N. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606 (“Datalogics”). Please read this agreement carefully. If you do not agree to the terms detailed in this agreement, then you are not granted any rights to use the DL Reader program and must destroy and copies you have installed or in your possession. Usage of the DL Reader program will be considered by Datalogics as your consent to these terms.
a. “Software” means DL Reader and any new versions, updates, and modifications thereof.
b. “DRM Content” means electronic files that contain or employ digital rights management technology for the purpose of ensuring that only authorized users are permitted to use those electronic files.
2. License Grant and Restrictions
a. Subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, Licensor hereby grants to you a perpetual, worldwide, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use DL Reader for your own internal purposes. You may make an unlimited number of copies of DL Reader.
b. You are not licensed to sell, redistribute, sublicense or otherwise provide this program to others in any form without the specific written consent of Datalogics.
c. You may not modify the Software, or decompile, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer or reduce any software provided solely in binary or object code form into human readable source code.
3. Proprietary Rights
a. The structure and organization of DL Reader is proprietary to Datalogics and its suppliers and the respective owner retains exclusive ownership of DL Reader and its trademark. Except as provided herein, you are not granted any rights to patents, copyrights, trade secrets, trade names, trademarks (whether registered or unregistered), or in any other rights, franchises or licenses with respect to the Software.
b. DL Reader contains Adobe ® Reader Mobile SDK™ distributed pursuant to an agreement with Adobe Systems Inc. 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110, which is a third party beneficiary entitled to enforce Datalogics rights and your obligations hereunder and to seek appropriate legal and equitable remedies, including but not limited to, damages and injunctive relief, for your breach of such obligations.
c. You agree not to delete or in any manner alter the copyright notices, trademarks, logos or related notices, or other proprietary rights notices of Datalogics and its suppliers appearing on or within the Software.
4. Digital Rights Management: DL Reader contains software code used for performing operations on DRM Content. You agree not to perform any actions in, with or upon DL Reader that are performed for the purpose of subverting DRM Content.
5. Warranty Disclaimer. NEITHER DATALOGICS NOR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY WARRANTY TO YOU, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AS TO ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER, WITH RESPECT TO DL READER. IN PARTICULAR, DATALOGICS AND ITS SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON INFRINGEMENT.
6. Export. The laws and regulations of the United States restrict the export and re-export of commodities and technical data of United States origin, including DL Reader. You represent that the Software will not be used by or for any embargoed person, entity or within any embargoed country in accordance with these export regulations.
7. Controlling Law. This Agreement shall be governed in all respect by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Illinois. The parties agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is specifically excluded from application to this Agreement.
8. Trademarks. DL Reader is a trademark of Datalogics, Inc. Adobe and Reader Mobile SDK are trademarks or registered trademarks of Adobe Systems, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.