This is an agreement between you and Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania (“Watch Tower”) for use of JW Library. JW Library includes the computer software along with its indexes (the “SOFTWARE”), electronic publications, text, articles, images, videos, and multimedia compilations which are separately copyrighted by Watch Tower (the “WORKS”), and the electronic documentation. (collectively the “PRODUCT”). By installing or otherwise using this PRODUCT, you are agreeing to the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to its terms, do not install or use the software.
1. COPYRIGHT. The PRODUCT is owned by Watch Tower and is protected by United States of America (“U.S.A.”) copyright laws, international copyright treaties, and other intellectual property laws and treaties. You may not copy the PRODUCT, which includes the SOFTWARE and WORKS except as specifically provided in this Agreement.
2. GRANT OF LICENSE. Watch Tower grants you the non-transferable right to use personally the PRODUCT, including the SOFTWARE and WORKS. Subject to restrictions set forth in this Agreement, you may install the PRODUCT, including the SOFTWARE and WORKS onto your personally-owned devices. Any WORKS you copy shall be for your own personal, non-commercial use.
3. RESTRICTIONS ON USE. You may not do any of the following: Sell the PRODUCT including the SOFTWARE or the WORKS; post all or any portion of the PRODUCT including the SOFTWARE or the WORKS on the Internet or on any other electronic network; duplicate for distribution all or any portion of the PRODUCT on any kind of storage device; alter the SOFTWARE; reverse engineer, reverse assemble, reverse compile, disassemble, or decompile the SOFTWARE; sublicense or lease the SOFTWARE; use the SOFTWARE with other access programs; use or call subroutines provided by the SOFTWARE to create new or derivative works, or apps, including utilities; remove or obscure Watch Tower’s copyright and/or trademark notices; or use the PRODUCT, including the SOFTWARE or WORKS for any commercial purpose.
4. LIMITED WARRANTY. Watch Tower warrants that the SOFTWARE will perform substantially in accordance with its electronic documentation.
DISCLAIMER. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE, THE SOFTWARE AND THE ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED TO YOU IN “AS IS” CONDITION WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU BEAR ALL THE RISK RELATING TO QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE. YOU ASSUME COMPLETE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SELECTION AND INSTALLATION OF THE SOFTWARE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME PORTION OF THE STATED EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY AMONG JURISDICTIONS. WATCH TOWER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WORKS ARE IDENTICAL TO WATCH TOWER’S PUBLICATIONS.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. In no event will Watch Tower be liable for any lost profits or any damages, including direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or any other type of damages, arising out of this Agreement or the use of the SOFTWARE even if Watch Tower has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.
6. TERM AND TERMINATION. This Agreement is effective until terminated by you or Watch Tower. Your rights under this Agreement will terminate automatically without notice from Watch Tower if you fail to comply with any term(s) of the Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement, you shall cease all use of the PRODUCT and its app, destroy all copies, full or partial, of the PRODUCT and uninstall and delete the SOFTWARE from all devices or other storage medium.
7. THIRD PARTY ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: Portions of the SOFTWARE include or utilize third party software and other copyrighted material. Acknowledgements, licensing terms, and disclaimers for such material are contained in the electronic documentation for the SOFTWARE, and your use of such material is governed by their respective terms.
8. OTHER PROVISIONS. The terms of this Agreement will govern any upgrades provided by Watch Tower that replace and/or supplement the original PRODUCT, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license agreement will govern. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without regard to conflict of law’s provisions. Any legal action relating to this Agreement shall be brought in a state or federal court having jurisdiction in the State of New York, U.S.A. Should any provision of this Agreement be held to be void, invalid, unenforceable, or illegal by a court of competent jurisdiction, the validity or enforceability of the other provisions shall not be affected thereby. Failure of Watch Tower to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such provision or waiver of the right to enforce such provision. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Watch Tower concerning the PRODUCT.