Music & Video / Video
Age rating: 12+
Copyright © 2013, Plex, Inc.
This application brings the power of Plex to your Windows 8 desktop or tablet. With Plex, you can stream your music, videos and photos from your home computers running Plex Media Server and access content from a wide range of channels. Channels are available for iTunes, and for online services like YouTube, Vimeo and Revision3.
Additionally, you can sign up for the myPlex service, which lets you connect to servers shared with you by your friends, queue videos from your web browser to watch later, and connect to your Plex Media Server at home wherever you are in the world via Wi-Fi or a cellular connection, with no configuration necessary!
Plex Media Server streams your media directly from your computer, so there's no need to manually convert before viewing. Plex is smart, too: if your media isn't already in a format your device can play, it'll convert it on-the-fly.
• DRM-protected content is not supported.
• ISO images are not supported.
• VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
• Only containers and codecs supported by Microsoft Media Foundation will Direct Play
In order to stream local media from your network, you must have Plex Media Server installed and running. Version 0.9.7.12 or later is required. See http://www.plexapp.com/getplex/ for more details.
• A PC running Windows XP SP3 or later (Windows Vista or Windows 7 recommended), a Mac running OS X 10.6 or later, or an Intel machine running Linux.
• In order to transcode to 480p, you need at least a 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo processor.
- myPlex credentials now roam between devices belonging to same Microsoft account
- Preference to enable a simple application log file
- (Video) Orientation changes could cause video playback failures
- (Video) Flash/Silverlight video now uses the same interface as regular video
- (Channels) Fixed several issues blocking Pandora channel from working
- (Channels) Display error messages sent by channels instead of a generic error message
- (Interface) Most dialogs now soft-dismiss instead of using a cancel button
- (Interface) Ignore unresponsive servers when aggregating content into Main Page
- (Interface) Move Channel Store button from channels page to appbar
- (Interface) Truncated appbar button text on lower resolution screens
- (Interface) Better error message when user plays video on non-existent active player
- (Interface) Cellular quality preferences no longer display without the presence of a cellular network adapter
- Crash playing video in the pinned state
- Crash starting up when playlist index was saved and playlist data wasn't.
- Crash when searching channels fails
x86, x64, ARM
English (United States)