Get a solid foundation of the basic Tools and Concepts of Adobe Flash CS6 with internationally acclaimed trainer Iain Anderson.
Creating animations in Flash is easy when you know the basic tools and concepts! Our favorite Flash expert, Iain Anderson, begins this course by explaining how to efficiently set up, view and navigate a new Flash document. Next, he’s on to exploring the freehand line tools and their editing options, graduating quickly to the primitive and solid shape tools. You'll learn the intricacies of how to effectively draw your own objects with the confidence of understanding how each tool behaves.
From there, Iain explains when to group your drawing objects or when it’s more efficient to create symbols instead. Next is a look at Text, as well as how to use the powerful and sometimes overlooked Eyedropper Tool.
You’ll also learn how to import external graphics and apply Color and Filter Effects to begin breathing life into your images before even animating them! By the end of this course you’ll be well-prepared to start adding action and movement to your artwork.
Table of Contents:
2. Viewing and Navigating
3. Setting up a New Document
4. Drawing Tools: The Pen and Pencil Tools
5. Stroke Options and Settings
6. Fill Options and Settings: The Brush and Eraser Tools
7. Shapes and Primitives
8. Selecting and Reshaping Objects
9. Grouping and Symbol Basics
10. Stroke, Fill and Gradient Color
11. Eyedropper Tool Modes: Paint Bucket and Ink Bottle
12. Working with Text
13. Importing and Editing External Graphics
14. Advanced import Options
15. Using and Editing Symbols
16. Tricks with Symbols and Symbol Instances
17. Color Effect Blending Options
18. Filter Effect Options
19. Deco Tool Options
20. Basic Layer Options and Settings
21. Object Management: Arrangement and Editing