Snaml Theatre is a media center software to watch movies, listen music, and view photos on your ultrabook and tablet with great user experience. Designed by cross carousel-style media navigator, the media of Snaml Theatre is organized in 2-dimensional data model with 3D perspective view and resumable media player.
Simply swiping left or right you can quickly preview a list of streams in a title. Beyond regular one dimensional structure, you can swipe up or down to select titles smoothly. Amazing is that you can always press down one of arrow key to scan videos like a fast slideshow.
Furthermore, each media is smart to remember the last position of playback, so it is possible for you to watch multiple video titles in resumable.
• A Stream is a local or remote media which may be a video clip, a music, or a picture.
• A Chapter is a group of Streams linked in a ring.
• A Title is a stack of Chapters linked in a circle.
• A Library is a collection of Titles.
• A Cross Carousel is the view point with a center view around by four sub-views.
Snaml Theatre allows you to Add and Exchange a stream in any one of four neighbors. In left or right, you can add a stream in previous or next of current stream. The added stream then will be in the current view. In up or down, the added stream creates a new chapter with one stream in previous or next current chapter. Delete is to remove current stream from current chapter. Exchange is to swap the relative position of a stream or a chapter.
Video can be watched in full-screen, filled/snapped, and normal mode. Two finger pitch toggles between normal and full-screen mode. You can use touch, mouse, and keyboard to control media playback.
PlayTo is the function to stream video from mobile table to TV screen with an adaptor like XBOX.
Finally multiple sources of stream are recognized such as
• local file system
• cloud storage like OneDrive
• network storage like NAS
1. Snaml Engine
• Organize Title as Chapters and Streams on Snaml Doughnut model
• Instant Swipe and Play in 4-Way Navigation
• Keyboard Support for Non-Touchscreen
• Resumable Stream Playback over Media Surface
• Auto and Loop Playback Videos in Self, Chapter, All and Random
2. Perspective UI
• New Color Scheme with Blue and Dark Color Tone
• Multiple View Windows with AppBar for Easy Media Playback
• View on Normal, Fullscreen, and Filled/Snapped Mode
• Two Finger Pitch Switch between Normal and Fullscreen Display
• Support Various Screen Resolutions and Size
• Work with Touch, Mouse, Keyboard, and Remote Control
3. Title and Stream Organization
• Open and Save Snaml Title in File Storage
• Add Multiple Media Files, or Delete, Exchange Chapter/Streams in a Snaml Title
• Add a Picture in OneDrive by Tap Files in OpenFilePicker
• Reset to Launch from Original Snaml Title
4. Remote Play Media
• Stream PlayTo Media on Another Device over Network
• Stream Play Duplicate onto Second Screen via HDMI Cable
• Native Windows 8 Modern UI Application
Mobile Home Theatre Application
Running on Windows 8 Ultrabook or Tablet, Snaml Theatre can deliver Mobile Home Theatre experience through a network connected to a Receiver, a NAS and linked to a LCD Screen, a Projector, and Surround Sound Speakers. i.e. you may organize game videos and learn experience anytime by resumable playback of Snaml Theatre.
This is a Trial and Buy software. Users can run Snaml Theatre in Trial for 15 days under Full version. After 30 days, user can still run under the Lite version, in which some functions are disabled such as open/save/reset Snaml Title and toggle Fullscreen. User can buy Snaml Theatre at anytime and upgrade to a Full version that all functions will be enabled and extra messages will be removed.
Snaml Theatre has one central view surrounded by four 3D perspective views. Left view shows Stream Previous; Right view shows Stream Next; Up view shows Chapter Previous; Down view shows Chapter Next.
AppBar top displays the title name and status information. AppBar bottom includes Title, Add, Delete, Exchange, and Navigate buttons for title and stream operations as well as Play and Fullscreen buttons for control.
You can swipe left, right, up, and down to bring Stream (Next/Previous) and Chapter (Next/Previous) to current view. You can also apply two finger zoom to Fullscreen and pitch to return. By tapping on the central view window, you can toggle current video playback between play and pause. When you click Loop button, you can select one of a loop type in none, self, horizontal, vertical, all, and random.
Snaml Theatre allows you to add new media on the previous or next current stream. It can also allows you to add a new Chapter in previous or next current chapter. To do this click Add button and select a media from FileOpenPicker dialog. You can also remove current item by clicking Delete button.
Snaml Theatre allows you to exchange the position between current item and stream previous/next or exchange position between current chapter and chapter previous/next.
Snaml Theatre now allows you to play with keyboard and remote control. The four arrow keys are for directional navigation. Space key or play button is for media play and pause. ESC key is to toggle Fullscreen. Right click mouse and press context menu key or press Win+Z key will toggle show AppBar.