PhotoHero is a powerful, easy-to-use and lightweight photo editor for Windows 10 and 11.
Requiring about 50MB of disk space, PhotoHero is one of the lightest photo editors available and is optimized for maximum performance on Windows.
PhotoHero provides ton of features for both casual and professional users:
- support for a lot of image formats, including PSD/PDD (Adobe Photoshop), PSP (PaintShop Pro), XCF (GIMP), RAW camera files, AVIF, HEIC/HEIF (*), SVG, TGA, DDS, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, JPEG XL; support for animated images (GIF, PNG, WebP)
- standard tools: selection, draw, add text, clone stamp, and more
- adjustments: crop, rotate, resize, straighten, brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, shadows, white balance, and more
- auto enhancement
- filters: sharpen, blur, distortion, rendering, artistic filters and more. You can also make your own custom filter.
- support for Adobe 8gb plugins
- screen capture; animated screen capture; scan images
- macro recording
- batch editing / conversion / repair
- metadata editor
- compare two images
- load and save presets
- import and export palettes or color lookup tables in several formats
- multiple tabs for images
- customizable look
- can easily be set as default image editor for specific (or all) formats via Windows settings, without losing default Windows Explorer image previews.
* Please note:
- HEIC / HEIF images are only supported if necessary codecs are installed on your system. The easiest way to get them is to install both HEIF and HEVC addons by Microsoft from the Microsoft Store
- AVIF is only supported on 64-bit systems
- PhotoHero can run in S mode, but some third-party libraries won’t work. This may cause some image formats to not load properly
- PhotoHero supports multiple languages, but some of them are still a work-in-progress. Therefore, some parts of the app may still be in English or contain incorrect translations.