The Rolls-Royce Trent XWB Pilot Guide app is an interactive reference tool for the world’s most efficient large aero engine. The app, built for Windows PC for optimal use on Windows PC tablets such as Surface, brings together educational material and real engine characteristic data to allow an airline pilot to understand the engine that delivers the power for the Airbus A350 aircraft. This is complemented with the latest Rolls-Royce operational recommendations for the best use of the Trent XWB, and the latest understanding on environmental factors that may need to be considered when flying with the engine.
The app provides an opportunity to learn about the key modules and components of the Trent XWB through the interactive ‘Engine Overview’ feature and understand how they work together to deliver a range of ‘Engine Systems’.
· See how the Trent XWB interacts with the cockpit via ‘ECAM Displays’ and ‘ECAM Messages’.
· Understand how these work together to deliver the characteristic operation of the Trent XWB engine.
Our ‘Operational Recommendations’ can be explored via an interactive airport feature.
· Understand how operational decisions on engine warm-up, single engine taxy, thrust reduction, reverse thrust and engine cool-down can significantly affect the operation and cost of ownership of advanced aero engines.
· Learn how to manage these effects to get the best from your Trent XWB.
Environmental factors have always been a significant consideration for aviators everywhere. This remains true even for the most modern aircraft and aero engines, where the need for the best efficiency and aircraft availability pushes already advanced technology equipment to new heights.
· Learn about some of the key ‘Environmental Factors’ and how they interact with a Trent XWB.
· Understand the latest available operational advice and recommendations for when these conditions are encountered.
This Trent XWB Pilot Guide app is provided free of charge for Rolls-Royce Trent XWB customers. To access the content of the app you will need a Rolls-Royce supplied log in that you will need to verify during your first use of the app. If you are not an approved Rolls-Royce Trent XWB customer then you will be unable to access the app content.