Pictureflect Photo Viewer is a folder-based image viewing app with minimalist feel designed to:
- easily show your photos in fullscreen with a manual or timed slideshow
- review your photos with a clean interface, fast load, and a range of zoom options
- crop, resize and convert (individually or in bulk), rotate, apply filters/effects and print pictures
- integrate videos and transition effects into the slideshow (Pro upgrade only)
- support JPEG, PNG, GIF, HEIC, WebP, BMP, TIFF, AVIF, JPEG-XR and many RAW formats like DNG
- play/pause and step through animated GIF, WebP and multi-frame images (move mouse or tap near bottom edge for controls)
Can select full-screen mode, change the slideshow interval, order, background color, select the viewport/clip, remember or keep zoom, and customize via the settings panel. Supports image and display color profiles, and displays EXIF info. Works with the file system and does not attempt to organize your photos, but provides a customizable quick-access list. Filters and effects include contrast and exposure (Free version) and saturation, levels, curves, blend with texture and more (Pro Version). Effects can be grouped and saved (Pro version).
Professional photographers might use the app to narrow a selection of photos before post-processing in other software, and casual users might use the built-in export features to complete their entire workflow. The app settings support a variety of uses, including in tablets as digital photo frames.
A Pro version upgrade is available as an in-app purchase - this includes a thumbnail view, transition effects and video support. The Pro upgrade is required to play videos, and supports many common video formats, including the extensions mp4, m4v, mkv, mts, m2ts, avi, mov, webm, wmv, mpg, mpeg and mpe (but support also depends on the encoding used within these files).
Additional features include the ability to watch for folder changes in order to create a dynamic slideshow, a detailed metadata inspector, the ability to edit some metadata, the option to show captions, and the ability to show the current date/time/calendar with an analog or digital clock.
This app was formerly known as Basic Photo Viewer, and is still simple to use but is no longer quite so basic!
[HEIC and WebP images may require the Windows 10 October 2018 Update. AVIF support may require the AV1 Video Extension from the Microsoft Store. RAW format support can be improved on Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903) or later by installing the RAW Image Extension (by Microsoft) from the Microsoft Store. For mpg and mpeg video files you may need to download the free MPEG-2 Video Extension (by Microsoft) from the Store.]