Wormhole lets you share files with end-to-end encryption and a link that automatically expires. So you can keep what you share private and make sure your stuff doesn't stay online forever.
=== Features ===
- Send up to 10 GB of files instantly – no need to wait for upload
- End-to-end encryption – protect your files from prying eyes
- Links automatically expire after 24 hours – make sure your stuff doesn't stay online forever
- Peer-to-peer transfer – send your files directly to the recipient for the fastest possible transfer
- QR codes – send files from desktop to mobile with one click
- Fully internationalized – Supports 24+ languages
- Windows Share – Easily share files from any app to Wormhole using the Windows Share Context Menu
- Inline media viewer – View images, audio, and videos without downloading
=== Is Wormhole secure? ===
Every design decision in Wormhole begins with the safety and privacy of your data in mind. We can't read your files, and no one else can either. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Wormhole works.
Wormhole uses end-to-end encryption to protect your files so they can never be shared or viewed by anyone but you and the intended recipients. Files are permanently deleted from the server after 24 hours.
=== What's the maximum file size? ===
For files up to 5 GB, Wormhole stores your files on our servers for 24 hours.
For files larger than 5 GB, Wormhole uses peer-to-peer transfer to send your files directly from your browser to the recipient. So you'll need to keep the page open until the recipient downloads the files.
=== Why is end-to-end encryption important? ===
With end-to-end encryption, data is encrypted and decrypted only at the "end points". That means that service providers in the middle don't have access to the keys, and therefore can't read your data.
Put simply, end-to-end encryption prevents your data from falling into the wrong hands.
We built Wormhole with end-to-end encryption. When you use Wormhole, a key is generated on your device and used to encrypt your files. In transit, your data is unreadable to Wormhole and service providers like your ISP. The key never leaves your device and you're the only one who has it – unless you decide to share it. With Wormhole, you're in control of who has access to your files.
When you share a Wormhole link, the key is automatically included in the link so it's easy to share with the exact people you want, and no one else. Wormhole never sees the key. And we don't want to see it.