The swiss army knife of lossless video/audio editing
LosslessCut aims to be the ultimate cross platform ffmpeg GUI for extremely fast and lossless operations on video, audio, subtitle and other related media files. The main feature is lossless trimming and cutting of video and audio files, which is great for saving space by rough-cutting your large video files taken from a video camera, GoPro, drone, etc. It lets you quickly extract the good parts from your videos and discard many gigabytes of data without doing a slow re-encode and thereby losing quality. Or you can add a music or subtitle track to your video without needing to encode. Everything is extremely fast because it does an almost direct data copy, fuelled by the awesome ffmpeg which does all the grunt work.
* Please note:
- This app is not used for exact cutting. Start cut time will be "rounded" to the nearest previous keyframe, which may be a fraction of a second before your desired cut point, or up to several seconds, depending on the encoding.
- A lot of formats and codecs are supported, but not all possible video/audio formats can be supported. There may be issues with cutting videos from certain new cameras or some professional cameras using exotic codec configurations.
- You may not be able to cut some proprietary tracks on your files (e.g. gopro's GPMF), metadata tracks etc.
- Preview is low quality for certain codecs
- MPEG TS is tricky sometimes
- EXIF metadata might not be preserved 100%