ProRaster Essential is an advanced raster rendering application. Render and explore rasters of any size or format, displayed in stunning clarity and rendered with industry-leading speed. Create, edit, display, and publish raster rendering algorithms that contain rasters of unlimited size.
ProRaster Essential is a part of the ProRaster product family. If you wish to evaluate the features of ProRaster Essential before purchasing, search for and install ProRaster Essential Free. ProRaster Essential contains a subset of the functionality that is in ProRaster Premium. To decide which ProRaster product tier is right for you, please visit the product website at:
Using ProRaster Essential, you can quickly and easily create a rendering algorithm for rendering one or more raster datasets. As you build the algorithm, see it rendered in the preview map.
Explore raster datasets of unlimited size interactively by zooming and panning. As you zoom and pan, display the value of the raster at the cursor location in a tooltip.
Save your algorithms to MRD file and publish your algorithms to the latest version of MapInfo Pro which will display the rendered algorithm in a map.
Although ProRaster Essential has less functionality than the higher-level product tiers, it is a simpler application to use. Please note the following functionality restrictions in ProRaster Essential compared with ProRaster Premium.
• ProRaster Essential does not allow you to export your rendered algorithms to located images
• ProRaster Essential does not allow you to edit the full range of features available in a raster algorithm
If you want to display your algorithms in a GIS other than the latest version of MapInfo Pro, or you require access to the full range of editing capabilities, you ought to consider purchasing ProRaster Premium or ProRaster Scientific.
ProRaster Essential does not allow you to edit or control the following capabilities:
• Multiple layers in an algorithm are not supported (you cannot create or edit an algorithm with multiple layers).
• Blending is not supported (you cannot define transparency for layers).
• Opacity components are not supported (you cannot modulate opacity).
• Event selection and data conditioning filters in components are not supported.
• Transform raster sources are not supported.
• The Data Transform Editor dialog is not available.
• The Data Conditioning Filter Editor dialog is not available.
• The Export dialog is not available.
• The number of supported raster formats is restricted.
Get an introduction to ProRaster at:
Discover ProRaster basic training at:
Take a deeper dive into ProRaster at:
See the latest ProRaster features at: