This app was developed originally as an alternative to the pre-installed camera app. It is meant to be used to take simple photos and videos with the option to upload photos to OneDrive.
The Pro version has additional features based on the requests from users who support our app:
1. Simple photo editing - exposure, temperature, tint, contrast, and blur.
2. Option to mirror the display. Some users told us that mirroring is particularly useful for following instructions (e.g., dancing tutorial) while self-videoing.
3. Monitor mode to turn a laptop into a straightforward battery-powered portable standard monitor
4. Select media file location.
5. Show camera properties.
6. Option to delete the photo after uploading.
7. Camera resolution selection
We developed this app for our own use initially because of some issues with the preinstalled camera app. We wanted a simple app that allows us to take a picture, and upload it to OneDrive reliably so that it can be on a computer synced with OneDrive .
We believe that we have achieved this simple goal. With Camera Alternative, we can take a picture and get the picture on a desktop or laptop computer in a few seconds literally thanks to the fast sync of OneDrive (hats off to Microsoft for the high performance of OneDrive).
Many new features have been added per requests of Pro version users.