Use this diff utility to compare text, binary files (Compare Tool), complete folders and SD-cards.
It can compare documents too (the unformated text of them).
+ And you can also store information about all the files located on your directories, to detect changed files later.
The functions of CompareTool in detail:
1. Compare 2 Texts:
text of documents (Microsoft Office and Open Office),
compiled Android XML (diff Manifest file)
- supported file formats:
ASCII, ANSI, ISO-8859-1, Latin1, CP1252,
UNICODE (UTF-8/16/32 little and big endian),
DOCX, XLSX, PPTX,
ODT, ODS, ODP,
DOC, XLS, PPT, RTF(latin1 only)
- ignores differences on whitespace
- ignores end-of-line format differences (Unix,Windows,Mac)
- search for text or line numbers
2. Compare 2 Binary Files (CompareTool):
- files can have any format
- HEX and ASCII display
- checks differences on whitespace and end-of-line
- search for HEX, ASCII text or the address
- when having tons of bytes which differ, showing all details can take a while
3. Compare 2 Folders:
- checks if files are 100% BIT EXACT
(to compare by HASH run 4.)
- include or exclude subfolders
- compare the content of ZIP, JAR, EPUB and APK
- search for file names
- use double-click to compare/merge files or to merge/synchronize folders
4. Store Folders State:
- Stores the state containing the info of files located on your directories. By viewing this state later (see 5.) all files changed, since the state has been stored, are displayed.
- This feature can also be used to compare two SD-Cards. Store the state of card 1, after it, replace card 1 by card 2, view the stored state (see 5.) and all the files which differ will be shown.
5. View Stored Diff File:
- loads stored diff's, also of other Diff/Patch tools
- loads a folder state file and checks changes
6. View the Text of a File:
- views any text file, the text of supported documents and clipboard's text
- views AndroidManifest.XML of any APK
7. View a Binary File:
- Hex Viewer
- search for text in files and documents (find in files)