Financial Game: Income and Expenditure.
The Financial Game provides a base on which all aspects of financial literacy can be built – savings, expenditure, investing, risk, interest rates, budgeting, cashflow and especially entrepreneurship. In less than an hour playing the Income and Expenditure app there is an intuitive understanding which makes further financial learning much easier and it improves numeracy at the same time.
Knowing about basic accounts should be a life skill like reading, writing, swimming and riding a bike; everyone should have this
Especially valuable for young people studying business and economics also those who want to progress in their workplace
The Financial Game produces money for Rotary Great Britain and Ireland towards the eradication of polio; the Melinda and Bill Gates charity makes every $ raised into $3
Benefits of the Financial Game:
- Finance Made Fun
- Increasing Productivity
- The value and creation of budgets will be easily understood
- Income and Expenditure
- Controlling cash flow
- Financial literacy and Numeracy
- The app works intuitively and teaches in a fun way via experiential learning
- The Financial Game app can be part of the Flipped Learning pedagogical model
- The Financial Game allows people to manage their own development through Piaget’s Concrete Operational Stage and can be utilised as Holiday Homework.
The Financial Game has been developed by Tim Hill of TH Consulting over the last few years. Initially as a workshop participation game and now as an app.
As a Chartered Account and Business Consultant with a great interest in education, Tim could see there was a dramatic lack of financial awareness not only in the younger generation and school children but in many employees, managers and directors in all sectors of industry, commerce and public institutions.