No VR? No PROBLEM! VR Sphere Viewer for Desktop is a multipurpose image and video viewer with special focus on:
- Playback of spherical (equirectangular) 180°/360° 2D and 3D videos and pictures WITHOUT VR HEADSET as a 2D desktop experience or a 3D experience with 3D TV or 3D DLP projector or even a fun with your old "anaglyph" glasses. Since version 1.1.40 also fish-eye 2D/3D 180 OU/SBS is supported.
- Viewing of 2D and 3D "Flat" pictures like a regular viewer
- super-simple navigation with keyboard, mouse, touch and/or gamepad
- spherical pictures horizon corrections
- video playback speed control
- file format auto-detection (by file name)
- a quick and simple file picker (also controlled with gamepad thumbsticks)
- intuitive keyboard and gamepad button mappings (help embedded in the app)
and a lot more...
A bit of history:
Some months ago, after unsuccessful search for any quick pic/video browser for 180/360VR content to share pictures and videos taken with popular VR camera for desktop environment without need for VR and it become clear for author, that such tools is needed. The goal was to be able to share videos and pictures taken with popular VR camera with family members who don't own any VR headset, or to view this content on a flat screen or 3D projector, without VR headset on. Result is here, and it grows thanks to you! Enjoy the new release!
Please note: VR Sphere Viewer uses platform’s native audio and video decoding libraries and doesn't come with any embedded decoders, therefore requires them to be installed for proper viewing and playback. Additionally Video Hardware Decoding capability is required for correct VR video playback.