--IMPORTANT: Please note that this program needs the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable in order to function correctly--
--Notice for system administrators: It is impossible to install a paid app from the Microsoft Store via Intune to individual computers on the network. If you wish to obtain the app for your organization, contact the author at email@example.com to get the individual installation file.--
* The program Lexogoth is a database with about 12 000 to 15 000 sentences or chunks that illustrate the use of French words/structures in a clear way so that foreign language learners can use or learn them quickly and efficiently. All sentences or chunks were provided with a Dutch translation and, where necessary, the program provides explanations for specific difficulties of some French words and structures.
*The program includes the following features:
- a database of about 15 000 French chunks / phrases with Dutch translation
- easy ways to query the database: as a classical dictionary (alphabetical lists) or with a search window (with autocomplete to facilitate the search))
- A well-organized basic grammar of French for levels A1 - A2 (of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). This grammar includes 47 chapters.
- An overview of the main vocabulary that language learners at levels A1 - A2 (CEFR) should master. This subject matter is divided into approximately 21 chapters.
- An overview of the main language acts (talking on the phone, talking about habits, writing invitations,...) for levels A1 - A2 (CEFR). These language acts are spread over 21 chapters.
- A module showing the conjugation of French verbs.
- A separate, lightweight editor that can be used as a "notepad"( see: Windows Notepad) while consulting the program; this editor offers an autocomplete function for Dutch, French and German. Furthermore, you can save your texts in the following formats: pdf, html or txt.
- The word database recognizes about 300 000 French word forms and about 38 000 Dutch word forms.
- We pay special attention to language registers, taboo language and... film
*Who can use this program?
- Reasonably advanced French students: they can easily expand their lexical knowledge by actively using Lexogoth for studying or to assist them during productive exercises. Ambitious students might even consider studying the sets of sentences/chunks to build a very broad lexical knowledge of French.
- Teachers: they can use Lexogoth to create their own corpus of examples or exercises and make them available to their students. Furthermore, this program can be used to support students in making productive exercises during lessons. Finally, a teacher can easily create individual remediation plans from the learing materials present in the program.
- Beginning students can also benefit from Lexogoth. First of all, they can use the grammar, vocabulary and language act lessons which are present in the program. When querying the database for lexical information, they can concentrate on the easier examples and ignore the advanced sentences.