Placeshift your Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 Media Center channels* in various possible qualities, without subscription costs.
That means for example that - if you receive your local station (e.g. sports event) at home on your Media Center - you can stream this live show to your windows 8.1! Not confined by home or country!
You can also remotely control and view your windows 7, 8 or 8.1 media center and other windows (xp, vista) media.
Works well over wifi, and much better than dlna over 3G, 4G and reportedly edge. Can easily slide forward/backward all kinds of videos.
Specifically it is able to
- Watch live TV (*)
- Browse channels and programs (*)
- Record shows (*)
- Watch videos in various qualities (low up to HD)
- Watch recorded tv up to HD quality
(*) supported only on windows 7, 8 and 8.1 media center
Needs the Remote Potato Live TV Server available at http://myfrem.nl/download.html.
3G, 4G or wifi is advised.
Please post bugs/comments at http://myfrem.nl/forum.
* RMC streams media which can consume lots of bandwidth especially WHEN using high quality settings - be sure you have a good data plan before you start using 3G and 4G connections to stream your video.
* Number of TV channels you can watch simultanuously is limited by the number of windows 8.1 machines, free tuners and processing power you have!
* For best Live TV results, you need a fast PC server.
* DRM-protected content is not supported.
* See myfrem.nl/forum for discussion and FAQ.
* Do not use while driving or other activities that might become dangerous.
* Be aware that live TV makes use of (temporary) recordings that show up in 'Recorded TV'.