Install a complete Ubuntu terminal environment in minutes with Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). Develop cross-platform applications, improve your data science or web development workflows and manage IT infrastructure without leaving Windows.
- Efficient command line utilities including bash, ssh, git, apt, npm, pip and many more
- Manage Docker containers with improved performance and startup times
- Leverage GPU acceleration for AI/ML workloads with NVIDIA CUDA
- A consistent development to deployment workflow when using Ubuntu in the cloud
- 5 years of security patching with Ubuntu Long Term Support (LTS) releases
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS is the LTS version of Ubuntu and receives updates for five years. Upgrades to future LTS releases will not be proposed.
- Search for "Turn Windows features on or off" in the Windows search bar and ensure that "Windows Subsystem for Linux" is turned on before restarting your machine.
- To launch, use "ubuntu2204" on the command-line prompt or Windows Terminal, or click on the Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS tile in the Start Menu.
For more information about Ubuntu WSL and how Canonical supports developers please visit: