The nciku Online Dictionary gives you free access to all English-Chinese and Chinese-English dictionary entries, definitions and examples from the popular nciku.com online Mandarin Chinese dictionary, optimized for smartphones and other mobile devices:
- Over 3 million dictionary entries, including around 1.5 million English entries with Chinese translations, and the same number of Chinese entries with English definitions
- Search the dictionary by entering Chinese, English or Pinyin in the search bar, or use the Voice Search button to say a Chinese word and quickly see its meaning.
- Chinese entries are provided in Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Hanyu Pinyin (English letters), while Chinese examples and Chinese definitions of English words have Simplified Chinese characters and Pinyin.
- Over 100,000 definitions have attached examples, to help you see how a word is used. If you need more examples, you can also search for all the examples containing your search term.
- If no words match your search term, we will provide words which contain your search term in their definition
- Theme Words picture dictionary section to help you learn common words
- Conversations section to help you see how Chinese is really used
If you like this app, please check out the paid version of our dictionary, which has no ads, works even when you're offline, and supports many advanced features such as handwriting input, audio pronunciation of entries and examples, stroke order animations, vocab tests and flashcards. Just search for 'nciku Chinese Dictionary' in the amazon appstore, or visit our website at www.nciku.com