Stay up to date with the latest space weather events and receive the information intended for the scientific community about the solar activity.
Space Weather Reporter downloads the space weather data offered by DONKI (the Database Of Notifications, Knowledge and Information) and it shows you notifications in your phone or your tablet about those events even when the application is not running.
The events and data shown by Space Weather Reporter correspond to :
• Coronal Mass Ejections
• Solar Flares
• Geomagnetic Storms
• Interplanetary Shocks
• High Speed Streams
• Magnetopause Crossings
• Radiation Belt Enhancements
• Solar Energetic Particles
• Notifications with space weather reports.
Space Weather Reporter allows you to configure how and when it will download the data corresponding to each event type, minimizing battery usage and keeping the Internet usage under control.
You can share all the data about a particular event in social networks, email or instant messaging apps, thanks to its fast and intuitive user interface.
Space Weather Reporter is available in English and Spanish.
• The data offered by DONKI must be considered "Experimental Research Information" and a preliminary research product. This information is intended for NASA Operation Centers and the Research Community.
• Space Weather Reporter is not sponsored by NASA or any other organization. Space Weather Reporter development is completely independent.
Licenses and attributions :
• Android source code created by Android Open Source Project (Apache License 2.0) •
• Android Software Development Kit (https://developer.android.com/studio/terms.html)
• Abstract Suns icon created by Freepik (https://www.freepik.com/terms_of_use)
• Material Design Icons created by Google (Apache License 2.0)
• CME image created by NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic)
• Geomagnetic storm image created by NASA (Public domain)
• High speed stream image created by NOAA/NASA (Public domain)
• Interplanetary shock image and feature graphic created by the user Pexels at Pixabay (https://pixabay.com/service/terms/#license)
• Magnetosphere image created by NASA (Public domain)
• Notifications image created by the user Pexels at Pixabay (https://pixabay.com/service/terms/#license)
• Radiation belt enhancement image created by NASA/Van Allen Probes/Goddard Space Flight Center (Public domain)
• Solar energetic particles image created by NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic)
• Solar flare image created by NASA (Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic)