The Oxford Dictionary of Geology and Earth Sciences (previously A Dictionary of Earth Sciences) contains over 7,500 clear and concise entries on all aspects of geology and earth sciences, including planetary science, volcanology, palaeontology, and mineralogy. Over 130 line drawings complement the definitions and useful appendices include a revised geological time scale, stratigraphic units, lunar and Martian time scales, wind-strength scales, and SI units. It is the ideal reference for students and professionals studying geography, geology, earth sciences, and related disciplines.
Also includes advanced search tools and features that have become the staple of quality Oxford reference apps from MobiSystems.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find terms quickly by displaying predictions in line with what you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
* A quick search of terms while you type.
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a term.
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound phrases.
* A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a term.
* Download reference definitions locally for offline access.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your knowledge of the subject:
* A 'Favorites' feature to memorize terms from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum terms.
* History list to help you easily review looked-up terms.
* See terms in context with examples.
* 'Term-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.